Tuesday 2 December 2008

POST ELECTION


In a pre-election letter to the editor of the local Morden Times, I had suggested that if Prime Minister Steven Harper did not achieve a majority, he should step down. This issue is even more critical now, with his latest schoolyard bullying tactics. There is plenty of timber within the conservative caucus from which to choose an alternate prime minister. And Mr. Harper could return to the back benches of parliament. For starters, there is Jim Prentice, Chuck Strahl, Diane Alboncz, Lawrence Cannon, Rob Nicholson, and Jay Hill. There is no need for the opposition parties to become involved in governing until their own houses are in order. So it is entirely up to the Conservative caucus and party to restore decorum, not Mr. Harper. What a wonderful Christmas present that would be for all Canadians - peace, harmony, and good government, with a newly minted prime minister, and no election!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a proud to say I am a Conservative and have been a Stephen Harper supporter, but I sadly have to agree with you Harold. Rex Murphy said it all on Dec 1. I am furious with Mr Harper, and even more furious with the so called coalition. I voted in the last election and we are told our vote counts. What these band of thieves want to do now is steal my vote away from me. All they needed to do was be the effective oppositon they are supposed to be. It is embarassing to us as a country, or should I say Banana Republic country, and also very tragic.
Patsy