Monday 8 June 2009

Climate What ?


I’ve had it with climate change, and so have the birds, as far as I can tell. The long cold winter period of 08/09 has frayed my nerve endings, and this spring period would benefit only Polar bears, to my way of thinking!
It’s the first time the Sears Fall & Winter catalogue is in sync with the season. Now, just that fact should have tipped me off . I can’t recount any normal, bright, spring-like days - except days when I had a medical appointment. The days are longer, but you can’t sit out at night to enjoy them without a Buffalo robe. I’ve put in my bedding plants between frost, showers, and strong wind gusts. The plants are screaming “Take us back to the greenhouse,” and I can hardly blame them. They fear the frost warnings as I do! If this continues, I’ll be looking for a Clinic that can inject me with some Inuit genes, so I can survive the upcoming summer.
Yes, I know Calgary was blanketed with snow and freezing temperatures, but I have no empathy to spare for other regions of Canada at this moment. We're all in this together.
Last Friday I volunteered at the local Threshermen’s Heritage Day, only to be awakened by the furnace fan kicking in. Looking out, I viewed kids and adults wearing winter garb ... (probably from Sears).
Here we are, with the year almost half over, and no B.T.U. to be had anywhere. It has affected and delayed local seeding, bedding plant operators, golf courses, garage sales and the like. I’m not totally ungrateful for residing in this country, because in the BIG scheme of things, this is merely a speck of sand in the ocean of issues.
I just realize that I don’t have the patience of Job.

No comments: