Tuesday 27 May 2008

Pick a Winner Steve!




Sitting there alone at the Kopper Kettle restaurant stuffing my face with sumptuous raspberry bread pudding, my mind slipped over to the current political fray around Ottawa. Now I think I could actually help our Prime Minister out , even though I’m not prone to helping any Prime Ministers, especially right wing ones.
Seems like the bottom has fallen out of this so called New Government and it has become old over night. It also seems like Bernier and Couillard (Julie) have made it look like old home week, just like in the good old Tory days. Reminds me of the old saying “ What goes around, comes around”. Well maybe not quite as amusing as the old verbal exchanges between Sheila Copps and John Cosby, but none the less, interesting. You Mr. Haper have in your caucus a competent, seasoned and well spoken individual, her name is Diane Ablonczy and she is currently being wasted. As the new minister of External Affairs she would raise the profile of Canada and would be a worthy minister on the world stage, no more bumbling here. Yes I realize your both from Calgary, so what? yes I realize she was a leadership candidate, so what? She is far and away better than air-bag John Braid or Ms. “sweets” Rona Ambrose, get with the program Stephan, pick a proven winner eh!

No comments: